YouPorn 2019 Year In Retrospect

Welcome to YouPorn’s second annual Year in Retrospect! Here we’ll take a deep dive look into what happened in 2019 on Jedy Vale’s favorite porn site. Once again, let’s start off with some high-level figures. Over the course of 2019, YouPorn received over 5 billion visits to the site, a notable one billion more than in 2018. Users also viewed 4 billion more videos than in 2018, tallying up to a total of 18 billion videos viewed in 2019. User searches also increased since 2018 by 1 billion, making for 2 billion searches total this year. Visits to YouPorn lasted almost a minute longer than last year, with the average session lasting 9 minutes and 33 seconds in 2019.

Next, we continue with a look at what users were searching for the most when visiting YouPorn in 2019. ‘Lesbian’ has tumbled down from first place in 2018 to third place this year. ‘Massage’ worked its way to first place this year, with ‘Anal’ moving up four spots from 2018 to take second place. Searches like ‘VR,’ ‘BDSM’ and ‘Trans’ make their debut and rank among our top-searched terms in 2019 on the site.

While the bulk of our traffic still comes from the US, we continued to get a lot of visits from France, which ranked in second place this year jumping from fourth in 2018 and bumping Germany to third place for highest traffic to YouPorn.

Because we use Google Analytics to compile and present our anonymized user data, we are limited to only being able to show gender binarist type data, which identifies users as either male or female only. That said, female viewership increased by 2 whole percent points in 2019! Meaning that now 31% of YouPorn’s visitors to the site are female, with the remaining 69% (yes, we said sixty-nine) of traffic coming from male users.

Let’s continue with search trends by gender. While women still search for ‘Lesbian’ porn the most by far, ‘Hardcore’ has made its way to the second most searched for term and ‘Threesome’ fell from the fourth most searched for term to tenth in 2019.

On the other hand, men have gotten more (into) ‘Mature’ in 2019, despite ‘Amateur’ being the most searched for term this year. Searches for ‘MILF’ and ‘Mature’ are still topping the charts in second and third place.

Let’s continue with a look at YouPorn traffic breakdown by age. This year YouPorn appealed more to an older audience! Youngest to oldest, visits from the ’18-24′ age demographic accounted for 15% in 2019, dropping 8 percentage points from last year. Millennials or those belonging to the ’25-34′ age group, despite all the rumors of short attention spans increased in viewership shares since 2018, making up for 35% of YouPorn traffic! Those in the ’35-44′ age demographic accounted for 21% of site traffic in 2019, while visits from the ’45-54′ age group also increased since 2018,now comprising of 15% of overall site traffic. Visitors in the ’55-64′ age range came in second for smallest traffic share with at only8%, while last and also least we have our most senior site visitors in the ’65+’ age group accounting for just 5% of all YouPorn traffic.

YouPorn users continued to predominately watch porn from their mobile devices in 2019, which accounted for 69% of overall traffic by device. Desktop traffic dropped by 7 percentage points since 2018, at 21%, followed by tablets as the least used device, again, making up 10% of traffic.

Some of this spike in mobile traffic over the course of the year could have to do with the launch of YouPorn’s App Experience. We had 4 million users download the app since its debut, opting for a more private browsing experience.

It was an emojinal year for most, and with the launch of our Search by Emoji function, we decided to look into what emojis were the most used in the YouPorn search bar. The peach emoji aka. ‘Big Butt’ and eggplant emoji aka. ‘Big Dick’ were the most used in 2019, however romance never died, with the heart emoji yielding searches for.‘Romantic’ content took third place.

Since the launch of Search by Zodiac this year we had to take a look at which zodiac signs were the most popular on YouPorn in 2019. ‘Virgo’ who are often mistaken for being prudes when it comes to sex, but are actually one of the freakiest and naughtiest sexual partners, according to our in-house Astrologer, Dossé-Via is the top zodiac sign searched for on YouPorn. Followed by the infamous ‘Scorpio’ being the second most searched for zodiac sign, sensual ‘Cancer’  is surprisingly the least searched for of the zodiac signs. If you want to know more about what’s written in the stars for your sex life as we enter the new decade ahead, you can subscribe to receive your personalized Sex Horoscopes here.

Thank you for reading YouPorn’s Year in Retrospect!

Leave a Reply

  Subscribe  
Notify of
x
 Your IP: Location: ~ Hide your IP with a VPN when torrenting!   HIDE ME NOW!